Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Favorite Things


It's been quite festive here in Chicago. Yesterday, we stayed in all day except my jaunt out to the grocery store. Geoffrey has been coughing so we decided to keep him inside for the day and rest. Fortunately for us, he had homework to do since he took some days out of school to visit here. Nonetheless, this is the time of year where I make my favorites and they have become my boys' favorites. They love my peppermint hot cocoa! So, starting from here till X'mas, they get a cup of their favorite hot cocoa for the day. It's fun!

Our other favorite when we are here is Garrett's popcorn. Their Chicago mix is perfect for my boys. Geoffrey loves the caramel crisp and Seb loves the cheese popcorn. It's really delicious and of course, a line to get our bag of popcorn. We've been here at least 4 times now and it has never failed us. Yum!!!

The boys had a chance to see "Young Frankenstein, The Musical". It's nice to have my boys old enough to sit through a show. They had a really good time and all the "other R-rated" jokes flew over their heads. Thank goodness! Thank you to Judy, the company mgr., for getting us the best seats in the house. It was my third time seeing it and Mel Brooks is brilliant. He still amazes me. His humour is amazingly smart! The boys had a chance to see Bob conducting in the orchestra pit. They had a good time watching everything go on. Fun day for all!

No comments: